Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sail Away

Posted by Picasa
Sometimes images of the ocean and a slow moving sail boat help me to relax and think of the important things in life. The ocean lends itself to action or meditation. Since writing and participating in professional discussions often rattle any sense of inner peace, I thought to upload a picture of a sailboat to this blog as a reminder of gentler human pursuits.

I have been away from the Pacific Ocean beaches for a long time and have memories of the sound of water lapping at small areas where it was trapped by boulders. In my mind's ear I hear the seagulls and the larger sounds of the ocean with waves crashing-sometimes gently on the shore.

1 comment:

bdegenaro said...

I hope writing can also be a place of peace, a safe space for discovery and connection and identification. And yet, I hope the peace that writing provides is an uneasy peace when it needs to be. That is to say, I hope the peace we find in writing is honest and critical and even sobering.