Thursday, February 22, 2007

Listening to NPR I Was Surprised

Rarely will I agree with Jonah Goldberg on anything because he has seemed so strident on television programs. The topic du jour was global warming and Mr Goldberg actually presented a cogent argument for a position with which I disagree. His take on global warming is to leave the solution to the future. I do not agree with that. However, somewhere in his argument he and later other speakers addressed the inequities to the poor around the world which global warming will create. The costs will be unbearable for the poor. Moreover, solutions according to Goldberg and another speaker whose name I missed, lies in solving problem of poverty around the world. Now if Goldberg could get behind that idea for solving poverty here in the US, I might become a fan of his.

No comments: