Saturday, February 03, 2007

Lust for Pets

I keep adding pets to my blogs because I can't have them where I live. If I could have the space I'd have horses, dogs, and cats. Tigers are exotic but not practical when other domestic animals form part of the family. Hence I'll not include them in a real life fantasy but in a cyberspace "realityl". As I get older, many of the films, books, and teachings come back as old haunts to remind me of who I really am. This is important as I strive to find my real self and the real reasons for my desires. Now I have been discovering that my greatest desires are not to become reality because I lack stamina these days. So I'm hoping to slow down to give my stamina an opportunity to grow and reach a point of strength that will support all that I need to do before my time on earth expires. Molly Ivins' passing reminds me how limited or finite our time here is and that I must make the most of it.

In terms of peace, I feel more strongly that we must become more radical in demanding our rights as citizens of the most precious place on the planet--USAmerica. Who having read the founding fathers' struggles, and the struggles of subsequent generations can give up on such a wonderful place or at least a place that promises so much to all who live within its borders. These are the things that all politicians must address. We must work to fulfill the promise of the past as we work to meet the needs of the present.

No comments: